Support Cache Free TV



Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Country Network comes to Salt Lake City's CW30.2

The Country Network On CW30.2
As an update to my post about The Cool TV coming to KTVX 4.2, Trip at www.rabbitears.info has informed me that CW30 is now broadcasting The Country Network on CW30's 30.2 subchannel.

The Country Network, or TCN, is a Nashville, Tennessee-based country music broadcast television network. It began life as the Artists & Fans Network (AFN) on January 7, 2009, airing the Kid Rock video "All Summer Long" as its inaugural broadcast. On June 15, 2010, the company was renamed "The Country Network".
The Country Network's slogan is "It's Your Country". The network's playlist of country music videos extends from the 1980s through today. It is a music video network and as such airs country music videos 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, under the supervision of new president and former Country Music Association CEO Tammy Genovese. The station launched on October 10, 2010.

So what does this mean for those of us in Cache Valley, who still don't have a dedicated translator for CW30? Not a damn thing. At least not yet. The county has a license to build a transmitter for CW30, and as far as I know, it's going nowhere at this point. If you want CW30 in HD, and TCN, you should contact your Cache County Council persons and let them know:  I want my Country Network TV, and CW30 in HD! In the meantime, you can stream TCN here: http://www.tcncountry.com/bigPlayer.php

EDIT: CW30 is now in Cache county in HD, with TCN on 30.2

4 comments:

  1. I was born in Salt Lake and grew up in the mountains of central Utah (North Sevier High School back when it was still a 1a school) and I am excited that we are finally in Utah!

    Now about Cache Valley...if there is anything the Country Network or I can do to help with getting our signal into your homes let me know and we will do all we can.

    In the mean time you can pull our live stream from our website at www.tcncountry.com

    Thanks for everything.

    Warren Hansen
    Founder and CEO
    The Country Network

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Warren!

    Our situation here in Cache Valley is dictated by local governments and translator stations. While a construction permit has been issued for The CW translator, it seems to be held up by funding and red tape.

    For now, we get the CW as an SD subchannel of ABC4. As far as streaming goes, it's great but with a music channel I feel it's an inefficient use of bandwidth - I tend to turn it on and let it play, and it can consume a lot of MB in a short time. (My ISP throttles me after X GB a day.) But I will update my post to let everyone know it's available as a live stream.

    Please feel free to contact me :
    cachefreetv AT Gmail DOT com

    Always good to have "The Big Guys" notice my little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I ran into your site. Just this morning my girlfriend was fuming about Comcast and how they had jacked her around Universal Sports Network. They show minor bike races every now and then and it used to be on Ch 113 (Comcast). Glad to see it's over the air. I'm zipping down to Costco and buying an HD antenna so she can watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish you would have read the whole site, or left a contact method - you need to realize that this post is from April 16th, 2011. NBC-US decided to become a CABLE ONLY channel As of Jan 1, 2012, and KSL had to drop NBC-US

      http://cachefreetv.blogspot.com/2011/12/ksl-52-forced-to-drop-nbc-us-will-carry.html

      I think you need to direct your anger and comments also to NBC-US - their decision to drop FREE access, along with demands for payment in addition to the commercials they broadcast is the reason you can't see it free TA, and the reason pay TV providers are reluctant to add it to their lineups.

      Some of their content is online, PAID. It's pretty pricey, their greed is showing...
      http://www.universalsports.com/

      Delete

Your comments are moderated to prevent spam